- What information does Wingo collect from me?
- How is information collected by Wingo used and shared?
- Will Wingo send me text messages?
- Can I choose to stop receiving communications from Wingo?
- What else should I know about Anonymous Information collected by Wingo?
- How does Wingo protect my information?
- Does Wingo collect payment card information?
- Does Wingo use other third party service providers?
- Can children use the Wingo website?
- What if I live in California?
- What if I live outside the United States?
- What if I live in Canada?
- What if I follow a link to a third party website?
- How do I contact Wingo?
WHAT INFORMATION DOES WINGO COLLECT FROM ME?
A. Information You Provide to Us.
- Subscribing to Wingo's Newsletter. When you visit the Site, we invite you to join our newsletter distribution list by providing your email in a field located at the bottom of most pages of our Site and clicking “GO” From time to time we may enable pop-up windows on the Site to give visitors additional opportunities to subscribe to our newsletter. No matter how we ask you to join our distribution list, doing so is always completely voluntarily.
- Contacting Wingo. We like hearing from customers and fellow outdoor enthusiasts and want to make it easy for you to get in touch with Wingo. You can send us a note directly through our Site by filling out the form on the bottom of the Contact page. We ask you to provide your name, email and phone number along with your message. Please know that if you contact us this way or by email, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, in order to respond to you. We also love seeing the photos and videos people send us and do want you to know that we frequently use this media on the Site and in our marketing materials unless you tell us that you do not want your photos and/or videos shared publicly.
- Prospective Dealers. We are always looking to partner with others in the industry and provide a way on the Site for shops to let us know they’d like to become a Wingo dealer. Prospective dealers should visit the Dealer Inquiry page on the Site and send us the following information: name, email, and phone number, and we also provide room on the form to send us a message.
- Product Reviews. We appreciate feedback on our products and welcome customer reviews submitted to us directly through the Site using the form appearing on every product page. Or just as easy you can send us product reviews by e-mail. We screen product reviews before we publish them on the Site.
- Custom Inquiries. Many of the products Wingo produces are custom. If you are interested in custom products you can submit an inquiry on our Custom page. Custom inquiries should include the following information: name, email, and phone number, and we also provide room on the form to send us a message.
B. Information We Collect About Your Interaction With The Site. We may collect additional information about your interaction with the Site without identifying you as an individual (“Anonymous Information”), by using cookies or other technologies. For example, we may receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser and operating system type, and information about the device you are using (such as whether it is a mobile device or a desktop computer). We may use Anonymous Information for any purpose in our discretion. For clarity, Anonymous Information means information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information and does not permit the identification of individual persons.
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY WINGO USED AND SHARED?
C. Direct Marketing. We may send out marketing communications (such as a newsletter) to our customers to update them about new products or developments with our business, to offer special promotions, or to announce upcoming events or important happenings in our industry. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a marketing message. Please understand that if you choose not to receive promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and/or communications with us.
D. Aggregated Research. We may also share aggregated non-identifiable information about our customers with third parties in order to help market our products and develop new vendor and customer relationships.
WILL WINGO SEND ME TEXT MESSAGES?
Wingo does not communicate with its customers by text message and will not use phone numbers collected from customers in order to communicate with them by text message without their express consent.
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM WINGO?
You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other electronic communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a Wingo message.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY WINGO?
- A “cookie” is a small computer file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website to make each visit more efficient. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You may opt out of receiving cookies by instructing your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from websites you visit, by changing your browser options. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Site. You can learn more about cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org, which includes useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices.
In order to make sure you understand how our Analytics Partners handle your information and how they may also interact with our Site, we’ve shared hyperlinks below to their policies. You should visit these pages as Wingo has no ability to control or monitor our Analytics Partners’ data collection or data use practices.
- Google Analytics— Wingo partners with Google Analytics to provide insight into our Site. Google Analytics’ terms of service are available here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
HOW DOES WINGO PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
Wingo uses reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to secure the personal information you share with us. Regardless of the precautions taken by us or by you, no data transmitted over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you provide all personal information to us at your own risk.
DOES WINGO COLLECT PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION?
- Shopify’s terms of service: https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
DOES WINGO USE OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS?
CAN CHILDREN USE THE WINGO WEBSITE?
We do not intentionally gather information from individuals who are under the age of 13. Upon notification that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the child’s personal information from our records.
WHAT IF I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA?
California law allows California residents to ask a company with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the company’s sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information below.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
Wingo is committed to complying with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) enacted by the European Union and has technology and business practices in place for you to take advantage of the choices and protections offered by the GDPR. For example:
- You can request a copy of your personal information stored by Wingo by contacting us directly at the contact information below.
- You may review and edit the information Wingo collects about you at any time by contacting us directly at the contact information below. If requested by you, Wingo will promptly delete any information we store about you.
- Please also know that you have the right to complain to your local information protection authority should you have concerns with respect to how we are processing your personal information. Your local data protection authority will be able to give you more information on how to submit a complaint.
WHAT IF I LIVE IN CANADA?
Canadian citizens, except under circumstances defined by law, are entitled to access their personal information collected by Wingo. If you believe that the personal information about you that we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us and we will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and of the identity of the person requesting the change.
Canadian citizens who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE?
HOW DO I CONTACT WINGO?
118 Waltham Street, Floor 2
Watertown, MA 02472